Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One Sick Boy and One Hyperactive Toddler

So what happen if you combine a grumpy sick old man + one hyperactive curious toddler in one house for the last 48 hours = One Overtired-Need-more-sleep-Panda-Eyes Mum.
I had to work from home for the last 2 days as Hubbie is very very sick. He had fever for at least 3-4 days in a row, went to the GP and he guessed Infection that requires further testing. So he then had his urine and blood tested. The result: We don't know yet at the moment, hopefully we will hear back from our GP today. He is feeling a lot better now and brave enough to try and see whether he can cope alone with Shiori for the whole day today.
As for Shiori, the past 2 days has been an awesome time spending daytime with her. She has been a very good girl, keeping mum company wherever she goes. Mummy needs to go to the office to pick up some stuff for work, she tag along and being one great car companion. Even around the house too, she help mummy water Grandma's plants, help mummy with the washing, even getting light groceries from the car.
In spite all that, toddler will always be a toddler and her love in exploring things are just endless.
When mummy water the garden, she decided to run and stand in front of the hose.. because she is curious about the hose and the water coming out from it.
Result: one half wet toddler.
When mummy took groceries out from the car, she wants to help by carrying the lighter stuff however she never made to the kitchen. She was halfway between the front entrance and the kitchen when she was curious on what is in the plastic bag (it was some chips, biscuits and can food if I am not mistaken).
Result: found her squatting down on the floor with the pastic bag opened and all the contents scattered on the floor. She observed each packet carefully when taking it out from the plastic bag, took it out, put it on the floor, and moving onto the next object.
As most mum knows, Quietness in the house when you have a toddler around is a sign of Trouble. I was busy working on my laptop when the house gone quiet all of a sudden. I scanned around the room and see no sign of her. I thought that she was in the room with her Dad and I was waiting until I can hear a grumble from our bedroom. When I went to get a drink half and hour later, I spotted her in the darkest hallway in the house near the front entrance, by our Shoe cabinet. She had one plastic bag on her lap, one shoe in one hand and the other free hand holding one side of the bag so she can shove the shoe in the bag. Oh, did I mention that she was amongst a pool fo shoes on the floor. It was not a mere 5-6 pairs of shoes, she had more than enough time to empty out our shoe cabinet up to the height that she can reach. I quickly and quietly walked to her side and squat beside her whilst the little one was in her own world of thoughts ( I  bet you her thoughts is in Shoe Land). Once she realised my presence, she quickly turned her head and smiled at me..
Once she finished, I quickly had a firm word with her and supervised her putting most of the shoes back to the shelf. I do have to reorganize the shelf again afterwards but I thought this way of educating her is the best way. I have told her that it is unacceptable to play with shoes and make her clean up after her mess. Maybe this is not the best way, but I hope it is a gentler way for her and she will eventually understand.
There are more cheekiness that she has done besides the shoe incident, If I mentioned all of them it will take me the whole day. For now, enjoy this little laughter and until then..

No comments: